Winter is Over

Sister Maynard and I
Hey y'all! It is officially really hot and humid here, although everyone says it's only gonna get worse, so I'm really looking forward to that! 


This week was really fun! I spent Valentine's day in Leesville with sister Maynard because her companion, and my companion had to go to Baton Rouge for a training meeting! So we spent most of the day putting the area book in our phones because their car was in the shop. It was lots of fun actually! We got to know each other better.

Yesterday we had stake conference and they talked a lot about going to the temple and receiving the blessings that are there. It made me really miss the temple. So everyone take the time to go this week in honor of me!! And also so that y'all can get blessin's! 

Also! On Friday we went to NSU and did our little booth again! We met a girl there and one of the Many elders talked to her about the page of the Book of Mormon she read. He said she had highlighted pretty much the whole page and that a lot of It was about baptism and loving everyone. We were really excited about it! Later that night we went to have dinner with some members and we asked them how they could be member missionaries. The wife said, "Oh I think I could post about it more online, actually, I got the idea because my friend posted about a page she read! I think she met y'all today!" Turns out! It was the same girl that we are teaching tonight!! Its so cool to see how the lord works!! 

That's all I have for this week but I just want to tell y'all how important it is to do the simple things. Reading and praying and going to church are so important and will build your testimony on a strong foundation of Christ! There are a lot of bad things happening in the world today, but we can find comfort and peace in Christ. By small and simple things, great things will come to pass! Reading the scriptures and having daily communication with God and Jesus Christ is so important because we are their children and they want to hear from us! They want to bless us! We need to stay active in the Gospel of Jesus Christ and keep his simple commandments. 

I've started the Book of Mormon over, and I've high lighted every time it says to keep the commandments, and the blessings that are promised to us if we do! I have seen how doing the small and simple things have made me so happy! 

When Elder Costa was here he said, "I have not had a bad day since I've joined this church. I have had hard times, but I have found happiness and a fullness of joy in the Gospel of Jesus Christ!" 

I love you all so much and I want you all to know that I have a testimony of our savior and redeemer and his infinite love for each and every one of us! I know he is right beside us in our hard times and in our happy ones! I love my savior and I am so grateful for his atoning sacrifice for me. 

 Have a blessed week y'all!!!

Our favorite church billboard

Left to right: Lexie (She just put her mission papers in last week!!), me, Sister Brown, and Emiri

Me and Sister Brown in our matching dresses



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's The End of The World As We Know It

Elder Costa

Last P-day in The MTC