70 and sunny

My three favorite things ever, Church, Emiri, and Sister Brown
Hey y'all, its me, Sister Rogel, from the Loosiana Baton Rouge Mission.

There were't any tornadoes this week so I can't freak y'all out about anything, but it was pretty funny to hear about how y'all thought it was real! I got a kick out of that! 

Not a lot happened this week, I went on exchanges pretty much the whole week. Sister Brown is a Sister Training Leader (STL) so she goes around to all the sisters in our zone, to visit with them and see how they are doing. Since we work in companionships, and I am still a greenie (New Missionary), Sister Brown's STL companion is sister Trussell who is working in Leesivlle. So once a week, or in this case, twice a week, we all switch companions, and I go to Leesville to be with Sister Trussell's companion, Sister Manyard! I love her so much and have learned so much from her! So my week went a little like this:

Monday was Pday and we just hung around Natchitoches, and went shopping. I love p days!

Tuesday we had zone conference and talked about Joy! We talked about joy and how we can find joy in missionary work, and I really have found so much joy in sharing the gospel with everyone! I challenge you to share the gospel with at least one person this week! Get creative with how you do it! When I started the Book of Mormon in the MTC all the way up until I finished it, I highlighted every time they spoke about joy, and it happened more often when the prophets were out sharing the gospel! 

Wednesday I was in Leesville and we went around the whole town looking for service opportunities. It was such a nice day, so it was really fun to be out and about!

Thursday we drove back to Natchitoches, and di dour little booth at NSU to find some new investigators! It was really sunny outside so most of us got sunburned. It was incredible to be sunburned in March!
Friday sister Manyard came to Natchitoches so we went and visited some referrals, and I DROVE FOR THE FIRST TIME IN THREE MONTHS. That was the most terrifying thing I've ever done on my mission. But no one died so we were fine. 

Saturday we did comp study outside in the sun, and I got really sun burned. Y'all have no idea how happy it makes me to feel warm again. Also, it hasn't been super humid this week, so it just feels like a nice Utah spring day outside. I love it. When we came home from visiting some people that night, and when we walked in our apartment the other sisters were chowing down on some crawfish, leftover from a boil one of the members had had that day. before you ask, no, I did not eat them. but I did take a picture with one! 

I hope y'all had a nice cold week in Utah! (except for my fam that lives in Texas, I hope y'all are having fun in the sun too!). I love and miss you all! Feel free to write me sometime! I love hearing from everyone! Don't forget to be a missionary this week and share simple truths. In gospel principles we talked about how no one can feel offended when you share what you love because it is important to you and when you share something with love, they feel the love! Share with love this week! 

Comp study in the sun, the best thing ever.

Crawfish boil


Sister brown loving the boil, with then heads of the ones she ate, on her fingers.

Loving life here in Natchitoches!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's The End of The World As We Know It

Elder Costa

Last P-day in The MTC