It's The End of The World As We Know It

We went to the American Cemetery 
to look for some of my ancestors
Hey y'all! I'm just here, in the greatest state in the US surviving flash floods, and tornadoes. Hope y'all are having fun with the snow!

We woke up Wednesday morning to the sound of tornado warning sirens, Shortly after getting our 72 hour kits and other necessities in the car, we got a call from president Varner to drive to the Alexandria Stake center and stay there until it passed. so we get on the road for an hour ish, long drive there, and the wind and rain was so bad we could barely see, so we were driving pretty slow. Shortly after that, everything clears up, it stopped raining, but the wind was still really bad. As we are starting to speed up a little bit, we see it. The biggest Cyclone I've ever seen. bigger than the one on The Wizard of Oz for sure. So we speed up, and we're all freaking out as it gets closer and closer to our car, we're all screaming individual prayers for safety and then we see it pick up speed. Now I've been dying to see an alligator the entire time I've been here, but I did not want to see them like this. All the gators are hibernating right now in their little mud burrows, but cyclones do not care about little mud burrows. The nado picked up the sleeping gators, who, at this point are awake and angry, and started whirling them around. So we're watching this play out from the car, when suddenly we come to a complete stop, and sister brown tells us to get out of the car, and to hide. Yes, she told us to hide. In Louisiana where there are no places but swamp to hide. So we get out. As soon as we get out, a gator from the gatornado comes over, totally takes out sister brown. I screamed, and then, I turn around, and all I see are the wide open jaws of a gator staring me in the face. That's when it bit my head off and I died. For all those asking, I am fine, but if y'all wanna send get well packages, sister brown and I are accepting donations. 

Just so everyone is aware, that was a joke, There was a tornado warning, but we all lived and there was no tornado. Missionary work continued that day and I still have not seen a gator. School was canceled on Thursday because of flash flood warnings, but that was the only day this week that it didn't rain. I absolutely love this place. 
 
That's all I have for this week! I encourage you all to read and study the Book of Mormon this week and to find ways to share it with friends or family who might need to hear the message of the restored gospel! Invite people over for your family home evening! Find ways to do missionary work! Pray for opportunities, and always remember that you are an example to those around you!

I love y'all so much! I know our savior does too! Have an amazing week!

Some pretty flowers that are all over Natchitoches that are on huge trees! So pretty!

Sister Brown and I after we went through the Cane's drive through twice to redeem our free fries that we got from peeling them off the cups, like McDonald's monopoly.

Best tag picture of my whole mission

Comments

  1. You had all of us going! Stinker! Glad you are well and loving the mission! We love Raising Canes! Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Elder Costa

Last P-day in The MTC