The Good, The Funny, and the Ugly

Slipped in the mud in the Kisatchie Forest
Hey y'all! I hope every one has had a good five days! I know it's been so long since you last heard from me so bare with me and the length of this email. 

Some great news!!! Our mission is expanding! July 1st, we will have the Jackson Mississippi Mission as a part of our mission! So I could spend a lot of my time in Mississippi!! I'm so excited! It will be so cool to have double the missionaries, and a huge mission!

More good news, Today is my Two month anniversary! I survived two months of mission by the skin of my teeth.

Some funny news! Last p day we went to a small hike in Kisatchie forest down in Leesville to a little place called Wolf Cave. It's literally just a little cave at the bottom of a rock, but it was pretty fun to explore around it. You all know I don't have great knees, so I wasn't willing to wander very far, but when i finally decided to join the group of us that were crossing a small body of water, I decided to join them. I found a little puddle that was maybe a foot across and decided to cross over it. Well, dry ground doesn't exist here in the wettest state in the united states, so as soon as I decided to cross over the small puddle, both my feet came out from under me and I fell on my butt, back, and head. (see pictures below). I stood up fairly quickly and laughed it off an moved on with my day with a minor headache and some blurry vision. I woke up the next morning, however, in a world of pain. That's right folks, whiplash, from falling in the mud. It takes a pretty special kind of stupid to achieve that. But wait, we haven't gotten to the Ugly news yet. The next day when I woke up with a bad headache, dizziness, emotional outbursts, and blurry vision, we called the mission doctor, who confirmed that yes, It was a concussion. I've been out two months and I have a concussion. If I survive to the end of my mission it'll be a funny story to tell my kids one day, but knowing me I'll probably have a broken leg next month.

In the midst of all this, we started our cute booth at NSU! We set up a little table and printed out pages of the Book of Mormon for people to read and highlight what they liked about it. We had 27 people read a page, and want to learn more! The power of the Book of Mormon is so real and so amazing! But since I've been stuck in a dark room the last few days, we haven't been able to visit with any of the people we met. We're hoping that we can do that this week! I didn't take any pictures of it this time, but I will for sure the next time we do it. 

That's all from me! I hope y'all are having a good time at home! I love you all so much!

Hike in the Kisatchie Forest

More mud

I love the south. there are things like this EVERYWHERE.

The sunsets here are my favorite because they sky is so huge because there are no mountains. #NoFilter


My roomies felt bad that I was having such a rough time, so they got me this cute sloth! It's name is Sid Flash the Sloth. I love him!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's The End of The World As We Know It

Elder Costa

Last P-day in The MTC