Elder Costa

Mardi Gras hat I saw at Walmart
Hey y'all! I hope y'all are doing great! I hope everyone is having fun with the snow! We finally got rid of ours, and it's back up to nice 60 degrees every day!

This week was so great! We moved into our new apartment and it's sooo big! I, of course, got the biggest closet, so you could say I'm pretty happy with the move. I'll try to send a video tour of it!

On Friday we met with someone at NSU campus to set up a booth and find new investigators that way. We are very excited to stop knocking doors, and find people our own age to teach! We will start that tomorrow! After that we went to Many for a technology training meeting that was four hours long! But! We get our smartphones soon! which also means, coming Febuarary 8th or so, you'll see me on Facebook! Don't worry! I haven't come home or broken any rules! Also, all you future missionaries out there reading this, be so grateful for the missionaries that have come before you with technology! We have to spend two hours a day, for three weeks putting our paper area book onto our phones! Y'all won't have to do that! 

Church was only an hour long, because the pipes froze so we didn't have any water. It was pretty funny, but I don't think that was a blessing from our fast. The blessing from our fast was that we had so many less active families, and potential investigators there! It was unreal! After church we came back to our apartment and the Many elders came and dedicated our apartment for us.

This was the coolest day of my life! So we get to Zone conference and we take a picture with Elder Costa and then our mission president and his wife speak, and Elder Costa's wife spoke to us, then we went to lunch, and after, we had three hours to listen to a general authority tell us how to find people and how to use the Book of Mormon. Before the meeting had started, Sister Brown and Sister Beck had told me that at the end, the General Authority usually chooses a few missionaries to interview, and they both thought it would be me. So after our three hours of straight edification, i was feeling so pumped to go out and do missionary work. Then president Varner stands up and says, Elder Costa is going to start interviews now, he'd like to start with Sister Rogel. Every head in the room turned and looked at me as my face went pale. I WAS INTERVIEWED BY A GENERAL AUTHORITY!!  He asked me about my family and told me how blessed they were going to be because I was serving, he told me that I should be confident in my ideas of how to get the work started, and that just because I'm new doesn't mean that my ideas aren't great ones. I loved that he said that because I'd been really nervous about offering up ideas on how to teach, or how to find, I usually just go with what my trainer says is a good idea. He asked about how I was adjusting and I told him how I was stressed because this is such a new thing in a new place with new people, and he said that everything I do after High school was going to be an adjustment. He said that college would've been a tough adjustment too, but that I am exactly where I need to be doing what I need to be doing. 

I love you guys so much! I love this Gospel and I love that I get to share it! Only 457 days Until I get home! I'll see y'all soon!! 

I forgot to show y'all this tree we saw on our hike last week. It's a female Longleaf Pine tree, lol

Baton Rouge temple

My cute comp

You know i took a bath in our new tub

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's The End of The World As We Know It

Last P-day in The MTC